Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 16

Picture of the day...
What I did today...  We got our schedules today!  YAY!  I'm so excited because I'm going to be working my fam-flight (practice flights) from IAD to Madrid.  That means I'll be going home earlier than expected (and earlier than the people who will work their fam-flights from Dublin to Boston or JFK.).  So it's required that you do 4 fam-flight and then 1 line-check.  Now the line-check is your final test.  If you pass that then you're hired.  The schedule above shows my four fam-flights (indicated by the lowercase f).  Uppercase F are the days off.  I won't know more of my schedule (the next 28 day period) for a couple more weeks.  So right now I'm not sure if I'll be working (and doing my line-check) over x-mas.  I figure there are two possibilites.  A:  I work the next day Dec23 going to Madrid, layover the 24th and 25th (Madrid airport is closed x-mas day), home on Dec. 26.  or B: 6 days off.  So I'd be off the 23rd, 24th, 25th of Dec. then work the following 3-6 days. 

3 comments:

Swimmer said...

Wow Spain... even staying for one day in Spain would be awesome!

Swimmer said...

Wow Spain... even staying for one day in Spain would be awesome!

Swimmer said...

Thought this was a funny article about things a flight attendant doesn't say but wants to:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/13-things-your-flight-attendant-won-t-tell-you-2401972/