Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 5

Picture of the day...
What I did today...
So today was my third day of training.  It pretty much dragged.  (I'm just not used to sitting still for 8 hours staight!)  We're still doing customer service and today we went over serving beverages and meals and whatnot.  We didn't actually get to mock serve anything, just sit there and watch them mock serve stuff which I've already done on every flight I've ever been on before, right?  The best part of my day was actually meeting a few of the London Gatwich Cabin Crew who are here doing a course on the bigger airplains.  (They asked for tips on what to do while in America, how to get to NYC, etc.)  Apparently they are pretty short staffed right now in Dulles and they're bringing the Londoners over to work our flight until we're all finished.  And now I'm going to take a much needed nap and then perhaps go to the pool tonight, practice my swimming for our pool drill that actually will be happening on Thanksgiving. 

Irish Speak:
They say: "jigger" and we say: "creamer (as in coffee creamer)"
They say: "cop on" and we say: "common sense"
They say: "top up" and we say: "refill"
They say: "goes in round abouts" and we say: "comes back around"

1 comment:

Margie Gibson said...

I say "top off" my coffee. It must be the Irish in me. I think you looked so professional today. I enjoy the blog so much!!